Every Friday, I am going to be posting some interesting stories / events / assortment of “news” that I’ve found throughout the week…because what better way to procrastinate at work on a Friday afternoon??
1. Do you watch Stranger Things? I, personally, am afraid of my own shadow and get easily cheeped out, but I know tons of fans that are super excited for the Season 2 premiere. If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on the below beers, you can tune in and drink properly to celebrate!
The Veil Brewing Co’s Broz Broz Night Night is an Imperial/Double IPA with can artwork of the Stranger Things kids. It is a double version of their Citra hopped Broz Night. Coming in at 9%, it also guarantees an enjoyable TV night. It is being sold NOW from their taproom.
Photo: The Veil’s Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/theveilbrewing/?hl=en
Short’s Brewing Company in Bellaire, MI has a Chief Hopper Double IPA inspired by the show. Hopped with Vic Secret, Simcoe, and Centennial. It ranks in at a 9.2% ABV, which would also make a very enjoyable first episode viewing. Released back in March to Michigan Independent accounts.
Photo: Short’s Website – https://www.shortsbrewing.com/beers/chief-hopper/
2. Two of my favorite things: Cats and Craft Beer are being combined this Sunday at Lost Tavern Brewing’s First Annual Pints for Paws in Hellertown, PA. Vendors + Food + Adoptable Pets + Great Beer….I will be trying to fit a quick visit in this weekend to support a great cause. Money raised will be going to The Center for Animal Health & Welfare in Easton, PA.
3. If I had to add a third favorite thing to my list above, it would somehow involve a food category (gyros, tacos, pizza, friend anything, etc etc….). However, I am one of the WORST people when it comes to cooking in the kitchen. I scour the internet for dummy proof recipes all the time. And I found a good one today! Tomorrow I will be trying out a THREE INGREDIENT crockpot / beer recipe.
I repeat. Only three ingredients. Involving Beer. Using the laziest way to make something.
This recipe is calling my name! Amber Ale Barbecue Beef – recipe and photo courtesy of CraftBeer.com
I’ll keep you posted how it turns out!
4. Have you seen that I am doing a #GABFsearch night? I have four of the beers sitting patiently in my fridge for a tasting night in early November. If you live in the Lehigh Valley and know where I can score some more bottles / cans of Great American Beer Festival winners please let me know!
5. Take Craft Back! For a mere $213 Billion, The Brewers Association has started an online fundraising campaign to buy AB InBev and “#takecraftback”. They’ve already raised over $3 million by almost 10k “independent beer backers”, which is 0.0014% of the way there! You know, in a “fund” that will be paid only once they officially raise it all.
Watch the video, make a “pledge”, and score some swag here: